MERSEN Heat Pipe technology provides a robust, long lasting and self-sustaining cooling solutions in applications where more cooling performance than standard air cooled heat sinks is required. A heat pipe consists of an enclosed tube containing a liquid (methanol, water) in a vacuum. The liquid absorbs thermal energy from the heat sources and boils rising towards the condenser. Air cools the condenser section, condensing the fluid back to a liquid which travels back to the evaporator by gravity. This is a sealed self-sustaining process.
- High thermal performance – superior to standard air cooled products
- Convection boiling resulting in instant cooling action
- Easy maintenance as heat pipes are self sustained and require no external water pumps or tubing
- Uniform temperature distribution under components
- Used in Transportation, Military, or any application requiring a robust cooling solution